During our recent conference on Causal Powers and Social Science, I was able to interview Professor Stephen Mumford about philosophy, metaphysics, causation, powers, laws, and emergence. What followed I found to be extremely helpful in thinking through these complex issues and questions. Why should we avoid the language of causal laws? What constitutes an emergent phenomena? What is the best way of thinking about emergence? And what would possess anybody to become a metaphysician!?
- How do we ensure that our online events feel like events?
- Suffering Selves as Broken Mechanisms
- Two new bite-size videos on ontological emergence
- IACR 2020 Online Conference Announcement
- Critical Realism Network – Asia Pacific launches new bite-size video
- Critical realism and gender video available on YouTube