Dr. Timothy Rutzou conducted another interview with Professor Stephen Mumford after the Causal Powers and Social Sciences Conference. In this interview, Mumford discusses his upcoming project called “Nothing Really Matters” and shares how the metaphysical conundrum of nothingness and causation by absence has intrigued him since his early days in graduate school. The example Mumford gives to illustrate this is the absence of water for plants. How can nothingness do something? How can absence have a causal power?
- How do we ensure that our online events feel like events?
- Suffering Selves as Broken Mechanisms
- Two new bite-size videos on ontological emergence
- IACR 2020 Online Conference Announcement
- Critical Realism Network – Asia Pacific launches new bite-size video
- Critical realism and gender video available on YouTube