Critical Realism Network (collective noun):
1. A community of scholars and educators dedicated to fostering dialogue about the direction of contemporary social theory and research, with particular attention to the philosophy of critical realism.
New to critical realism? Start here!
- Philip Gorski’s introductory article ‘What is Critical Realism? And Why Should You Care?‘
- ‘Introduction to Critical Realism For Doctoral Researchers‘ – an overview and resource pack in 9 slides!
- ‘A short guide to ontology and epistemology: why everyone should be a critical realist‘ – a light hearted introduction by Tom Fryer
- a series of five short introductory videos about critical realism hosted by Katelin Albert, available on our YouTube Channel
- and six more great short videos from our colleagues at the Critical Realism Network – Asia Pacific
- finally, when it’s time to dig deeper, try our reading guide – and explore the rest of the site!
For general information, please email the Critical Realism Network (email@example.com). To receive occasional updates about upcoming conferences, events, and webinars, fill in the details on our contact form and we will add you to our mailing list.