The 2023 annual conference of the International Association for Critical Realism will be held in Manila, from 9-11 August, with a pre-conference PhD workshop on 7-8 August. The conference ill be hosted by the Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines. It will be both an in-person and online event, but we hope you will consider attending the conference onsite!
The conference website, including the call for papers, details of plenary speakers, and early bird registration, is now live at https://critrealap.net/iacr/.
Our conference theme is “DESCRIBING + EXPLAINING + EVALUATING: THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD REVISITED”. The theme intends to provide scholars and researchers – both critical realist and not – an opportunity to take a step back and reflect on the way we investigate phenomena and the underlying assumptions that shape the way we describe and explain them. Register for the conference no later than 30 April 2023 to avail of the early bird rates.The deadline for submitting abstracts is also 30 April 2023.
IACR has staged annual conferences since 1998. Previous conferences were hosted at :
- Den Haag, Netherlands (hybrid format, 2022),
- South Africa (delivered online, 2021),
- Warsaw, Poland (delivered online, 2020),
- Southampton, UK (2019),
- Lillehammer, Norway (2018),
- Torino, Italy (2017),
- Cardiff, UK (2016),
- South Bend, Indiana USA (2015),
- London, UK (2014),
- Nottingham (2013),
- Grahamstown, South Africa, (2012),
- Oslo University College (2011),
- University of Padua, Italy (2010),
- Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niterói-Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (2009),
- Kings College, London (2008),
- Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA (2007),
- University of Tromsø, Norway (2006),
- University of Western Sydney, Australia (2005),
- University of Cambridge, UK (2004),
- University of Amsterdam, Netherlands (2003),
- the University of Bradford, UK (2002),
- Roskilde University, Denmark (2001),
- University of Lancaster, UK (2000),
- University of Örebro, Sweden (1999),
- University of Essex, UK (1998).