We have three items of news in this guest post from Catherine Hastings
1. The conference website is now live!
The 2022 conference will be held in The Hague, The Netherlands
- 8-9 August Pre-conference PhD workshop programme
- 10-12 August Conference programme
Check the website for information about initial speaker announcements, how to submit an abstract, registration, and travel information.
Attending the conference, whether face to face or virtually, is an inspiring opportunity to deepen your engagement with critical realism, share your work and connect with other scholars and researchers. If you are new to critical realism, the pre-conference program is an invaluable crash course!
2. IACR Membership – is your membership current?
If you are not a member for 2022, you will be missing a significant discount on the in-person registration for the conference. Your membership also includes access to current and past issues of the Journal of Critical Realism and the possibility to attend and vote at the AGM. Membership supports the activities of the Association, including by facilitating the annual conference and other initiatives such as the Cheryl Frank Memorial Prize. I encourage you to support the promotion of critical realism and development of the international critical realist community and its work by joining the IACR if you are not already a member.
Membership is via Taylor & Francis (the publisher of the journal):
- Have you recently been a member (and have access to your customer number and PIN from a recent renewal reminder or invoice)? Renew HERE
- Are you a new member, or re-joining after several years? Join up HERE (using the ‘Society Membership subscription tab’; and ‘Buy Now’ buttons)
3. Cheryl Frank Memorial Prize
This is a reminder that nominations close 31 May 2022.
The Cheryl Frank Memorial Prize is awarded annually for a book that constitutes, motivates or exemplifies the best and/or most innovative writing in or about the tradition of critical realism, in the previous year. Please send your nominations to Chair of the award committee Dr Ross Morrow, email@example.com or to the IACR General Secretary, Catherine Hastings, firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Hastings PhD (Sociology), MPASR, MA
General Secretary, International Association of Critical Realism